Welcome to all Our readers on our website at www.tutorialpath.com. As you all know that here on our website we will provide you lots of information related to the latest and newly introduced technology which help you to get updated with the latest tech. Here you will get all the useful information which is required in this tech world. As you know technology is one of the trending part in this world. So, here again we came up with a latest and new tech information which is related to the process of WordPress Menus. With the help of this article you will get to know the complete process of how to create WordPress Menus in a step by step manner. So, simply have a look to this article and grab all the useful information which is going to be very helpful for you.
How to Create menu, add page to menu, add category to menu, add Static link to menu
Keep it in mind that you just have created pages till now, you haven’t used those pages in your website.
When you will visit the website, either you will not see those pages on your website or you will see those pages in improper manner, that clearly means that your purpose of creating all those pages is not fulfilled yet.
To accomplish your purpose you need to use those pages and to use those pages you have to follow the steps given below:
STEP 1. Go to Appearance option. A window will pop-out then click on menus from that window.
STEP 2. Click on Create a new menu.
- If your theme does not already have a default or primary menu click Create New Menu
- Give your menu a name
- Select where you want the menu to appear (your options will depend on your theme)
- Click Next to begin adding items to your new menu
STEP 3. Enter the menu name in the text box.
STEP 4. Click on create menu option.
STEP 5. Add menu items from the column on the left. check the pages you want to add to the menu you created. click on add to menu option from same window.
Add Menu Items
In addition to pages you have already published, you can add several different types of menu items to your custom menu:
- Custom Link – Adds a custom URL linking to another site.
- Pages – Adds a link to another page on your site.
- Posts – links directly to a blog post on your site.
- Testimonials – links to testimonials.
- Projects – links to a page of your portfolio projects.
- Categories – Shows a feed of blog posts from a given category.
- Tags – Shows a feed of blog posts from a given tag.
- Project Types – links to specific portfolio project types.
- Project Tags – links to specific portfolio project tags.
STEP 6. You can drag and drop the pages to change the position or series of existing pages.
STEP 7.You can create a drop down in the pages(submenu).
To do this follow the below steps:
STEP 8.Drag the pages you want to create as subpages and drop them a little right of the super page(page that you want to create main page).
You can also Add category and Link to the menu.
STEP 9. Set the menu settings from menu settings options as per your need. you can select Automatically add new top-level pages to this menu or primary menu.
STEP 10. click on save menu.
Steps to delete a menu:
STEP 1. Go to appearance option and click on menus.
STEP 2. Click on select a menu to edit and select the menu from the drop down.
STEP 3. Click on select option.
STEP 4. Click on delete menu.